Railway took the decision to make compulsory show Id proof with ticket from 1st December 2012.If you are taking railway ticket from a railway window then also you need to show the valid proof id in the Train. Earlier we were showing valid ID proof in case if we buy tickets online through the Internet. Now the same has applied to all Sleeper and AC coaches. You need to carry valid ID proof when you travel. Without carrying the valid ID proof, you will be considered as a without ticket and you will have to pay penalty for that.
Valid ID proofs are –
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Photo ID Card is having an ID number issued by central or state government.
- Student ID card with photograph issued by recognizing school or college.
- Aadhar Card
- Nationalized banks Passbook with the photograph.
- Credit cards issued by banks with laminated photograph.
- Ration card will be accepted as valid ID for undertaking journeys and under the Tatkal scheme only if the passenger whose photograph is available on the ration card is travelling.