India is growing rapidly in terms of technologies, more than 100 crores people in India, in which there are very few who knows about technologies, There are many who don’t know even what Internet can do for us, how this can make our life so easier.Still we are going to reservation counter and we have to wait in queue for getting a railway reservation .Now we will have to educate to peoples and will have to update the awareness, So whole India can utilize these tremendous technologies at huge level and finally each people able to save own precious time using an Internet.
Onetime Sign up for IRCTC Website :-
1. Open IRCTC Website www.irctc.co.in
2. Click on Sign up link and Sign up form
3. Choose User name, Password, Confirm Password, Security Question, Maximum 10 Characters only allowed for User name and password.
4. Your Answer: – This will be an answer of a security question which helps you to get the password if you forgot the password.
5. Write First Name, Last Name, Gender and Marital Status, Date Of Birth, Occupation, Email ID, Mobile Number, Nationality.
6. Fill your Residential address with City, State, Pin/Zip, Country, Phone Details.
7. If you want to choose residential address as treat as office address then select yes else No.
8. If selected No then fill your Office Address
9. If you want to get other services then Choose Yes else No.
11.If you get message of user Already exists then please choose different user name and re-submit again, Please try with unique combination to avoid this message, For an example take your first name + ( day & month ) from the date of birth.
12.Please accept term and condition, scroll the page.
13.Now Click on accept button
14.As you accept, automatically you will be logged into IRCTC website, see your name at top right corner.
So now we can say sign up has done successfully and you can make now Reservation from the website and can make payment online.
Online Railway Ticket Reservation from IRCTC :- Example – Lucknow to Delhi
1. Login into IRCTC System with your username and password.
2. At the left corner, you will see a Plan My Travel.
3. Type from –Start with 3-4 Initial words, for an example If you are typing luck for Lucknow then you will get the list of all Lucknow stations, choose your station with station code.
4. Type To – Start with 3-4 Initial words, for an example If you are typing Del for Delhi then you will get the list of all Delhi stations, choose your station with station code.
5. Choose Date- Choose date of journey when you want to travel.
6. Ticket Type –
i) General – :This Quota is available for all the people.
ii) Tatkal – : This quota is available and used prior to 3 days of Travel Date.
iii) Ladies -: This Quota is available to ladies only, not for men.
8. Click On Find Trains Button
9. See Train Name and Right side choose reservation classes from Radio circles.
10. As You choose Radio circles , You will get the status of Availability of a reservation in case of 1A(First AC), FC, 2A (Second AC), 3A( Third AC ), CC, SL ( Sleeper Class ) , 2S.
10. Availability Box also has link of Book Button, if you want to book the ticket – click on book button.
11. Enter Passenger Details – Enter Full Name, Age, Sex, Berth Preference, if Senior Citizen select the check box.
12. Click on Go button
13. Your Ticket Details will be shown, Click on now Make Payment.
14. Choose Any option from Credit Card, Net Banking or Debit Card.
15. If you chosen net banking , then choose your Bank and make payment using Internet banking Username and password.
16. As payment done, your ticket will be displayed with confirmed or waiting status.
Take Print of E-Ticket From IRCTC Website –
- Login in IRCTC Website.
- Click on Print Ticket Icon
- Enter Your Password and Click Go
- Select Ticket to Print
- Print Ticket
Cancel E-Ticket From IRCTC Website –
- Login in IRCTC Website
- Click in Cancellation Icon
- Select Ticket to cancel
- You can cancel particular passenger from the Ticket and you may cancel all the passenger from the list, as all passengers will be cancelled your ticket will be considered cancelled and refund will be credited in 2-3 days in your bank account.
Do you Know ?
1. If Your E-Ticket with waiting status and not confirmed even after chart preparation then Travel can not make with the same, ticket holder will be considered as a without Ticket.
2. E-Ticket with waiting status is process of automatic cancellation from IRCTC, If Ticket is not confirmed till the chart preparation and amount will be return back to your bank account through automated system and IRCTC will mail you on your Email Id.
3. I-Ticket with waiting status, you can travel in reservation coach if TC allows, this is not considered as a without Ticket.
4. If you forgot to Take Print of E-ticket then also you can travel if have a confirmed status and know your berth, You have to give only fine charges of 50 Rs to TC.
5. When you are making online IRCTC Ticket then all the details related journey sends on your mobile number, provide mobile number always while making online reservation so you can get the details on mobile too.
6. 139 is a Customer Care Number, You can get details related to Train, Platform Number, arrival Time, departure time and PNR status.
Tips for an Online Tatkal Ticket:
1.You should already know station code and you must done earlier analysis about the train before going for Tatkal.
2.If you are using any browser then go for step for step , don’t not click on any button or link while page loading in the process.
3.You should be clear about your Internet Banking details and Mobile should keep with you at this time.
4.You can make analysis and fill the Reservation form online prior to 8 AM but your browser should close at 7.55 AM, since if you have already logged and 8 AM has over then system won’t allow you to proceed, The Booking will start at 8 AM Message you will receive even 8 A.M already gone, might be you had experienced it, since it stored client system time.Anyways close the browser and open again.