I will be covering first how to setup webmaster tool for your website or Blog and also I will show you how many reports are essential for analyzing a Data.
Setup a Google Webmaster Tool in Few steps:
1. Login in www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ with Google Email and Password.
2. Click on Add a Site Button
3. Enter the URL of a Website or Blog which you like to manage.
4. Verify Ownership:
Choosing below any option you can tell to Google that I am owner of a website or a Blog.
- Add a DNS record to your domain’s configuration -: If you have DNS configuration with you, then you can enter Google Verification token in the setting. Select your domain provider.
- Add a Meta tag to your site’s home Page -: This is very simple option to verify the ownership. You need to put a HTML Meta Tag on your site to verify an ownership.
- Upload an HTML file to your Server :- If you are uploading Google verification HTML file on your server as given instruction by selecting an option, will secure to Google that you are owner of a website
- Link to your Google Analytics Account :- If you have already setup a Google Analytics Account then choose this option, No need to required further verification for setup of Google Webmaster Tool.
I recommend you the second option (Add a Meta Tag to your site’s home page), If you do not want to choose others. As you select the second option the Meta tag will display on the same page, You need to simply copy the Meta tag and put inside head tag in the HTML of Your webpage.If you are blogger user then you need to follow below steps to put the Google verification code.
How to put Google verification code in Blogger :-
- Login into Blogger account
- Go in Design > Edit HTML Tab
- Search for
- Paste Google Verification code after the Title Tag.
5. Click on Verify Button
You have been successfully verified by Google for your ownership of the website or Blog.Later on you can see the status of your Website or blog using below listed features.
List of Google Webmaster Tool Features -:
- Search Queries – You can see status of Search impressions, Queries and no of clicks done in Google Search when your website appeared in Google web search.
- Links to your Site – It will display the list of internal links and external links, internal links are inbound links which are linked with your Website pages. External links indicates that how many others have linked to your website or Blog.
- Keywords- Google found these keywords when crawls your website.
- Crawl Error- It shows list of errors while your website has been crawled by Google, Generally it shows error for broken links, missing URL, deleted pages.It also shows error for restricted URL or pages.
- Sitemaps – If your website or a particular page never been indexed to Google then you can tell to Google for indexing the website or page by submitting the sitemap.